Director of Biopharmaceutical Consulting Projects
This position involves leading projects in the identification, profiling, evaluation and engagement of thought leaders in the medical field, commonly known as Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and medical institutions. It also involves building and nurturing client relationships by solving client problems, ensuring timely and successful delivery of our research services, and identifying opportunities for selling additional services to solve problems. Having a good medical background in many different disease areas and an understanding of how biopharmaceutical, device, and diagnostics companies work with KOLs and Centers, along with great attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines at a time, are skills important to this position. In addition, the ability to work independently and demonstrate good interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative environment are also important attributes for this job. We are looking for individuals who are creative problem-solvers to assist our clients and to contribute to overall internal process improvements.
The Director of Biopharmaceutical Consulting Projects will spend approximately 70% of his/her time leading consulting projects, 20% of the time developing and nurturing client relationships, and 10% of the time on other job responsibilities noted below.
- Serve as lead for small, medium, and large consulting projects. The consulting project lead will serve as liaison between the client, account manager/sales, and internal research operations team to ensure that Thought Leader Select’s research and consultation services meet client needs and are on time and on budget. Specific duties include:
- Problem solving, coordinating, and moving key project decisions and milestones forward with the client.
- Assisting clients with questions, problem solving, and in understanding and tailoring project findings to their specific issues.
- Being an advocate for Thought Leader Select consulting services.
- Leading project launch meetings and regular status/update meetings.
- Developing and administering project plans.
- Leading and participating in project research operations, as needed. Examples include, but are not limited to, collecting and analyzing data to identify KOLs and/or Centers, building profiles of KOLs and/or Centers and evaluating profile data to assign impact tiers, scores, etc.
- Developing and overseeing interim deliverables.
- Interacting with research operations team members (full-time, part-time, and/or contract staff).
- Managing internal deadlines.
- Assigning project tasks appropriately.
- Managing the overall consulting process for each project.
- Providing editing and quality check on materials before client delivery, and preparing client deliverables.
- Delivering final results presentations to clients in person or via teleconference. Co-presenting results with sales and marketing team members as appropriate.
- Track profitability (P&L) of consulting projects.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our consulting according to customer needs and objectives.
- Communicate clearly the progress of project initiatives to clients and internal team members.
- Consult on the development of new consulting methodology and templates, as necessary, and assist in their creation.
- Participate in process improvement and quality assurance efforts, as requested.
- Support team members:
- Support other team members in their requests for information and answer these requests promptly.
- Provide and consider suggestions on process and product improvements.
- As a team member, offer to provide assistance in other areas of the company.
- Learn new areas of research operations processes, such as comprehensive expert and center profiling, preparing client recommendations, etc.
- Travel will be required for team and client meetings or other business needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work to be performed by this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the duties, skills and responsibilities of this position.
Other requirements of the role include
– BS/BA Degree required. Advanced degrees are a plus!
– Minimum of 5-7 years in biopharmaceutical consulting, life sciences market research, and/or medical research (i.e., information research, clinical research, etc.).
– Past experience working in or with the biopharmaceutical industry is a plus.
Salary & Benefits
We offer exceptional benefits to our employees. In addition to a fantastic starting salary base $65K-$75K annually, we offer one of the best available benefit programs for small businesses, including health work/life balance, flexible work schedules, healthcare plan, 401(k), long-term and short-term disability, holidays and life insurance.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.