Thought Leader Select believes in protecting your privacy. When we collect personal information from you on our website or by obtaining CVs in the European Union for use by our customers in the European Union only, we follow comply with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union.
“Personal Information” or “Information” means information that (1) is transferred from the EU to the United States; (2) is recorded in any form; (3) is about, or pertains to a specific individual; and (4) can be linked to that individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health.
These are our promises to you:
1. Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it. Generally, by providing us with your personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such personal information for the purposes described at the time of collection. We do not collect Sensitive Personal Information.
2. Choice. We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make. Information may be compiled from publically-available sources like PubMed and Conference Abstract Indexes in the United States prior to notification. We will respect your choice in how this information is used for clients in the European Union after notification occurs.
3. Relevance. We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
4. Retention. We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
5. Accuracy. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
6. Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
7. Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
8. Sharing. Except as described in this policy or as described when we obtain your CV, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
9. International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
applies to all personal information received by the Company whether in electronic, paper or verbal format.
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, or issue a complaint, contact us at:
Privacy Compliance Officer
Thought Leader Select
4400 Oak Hill Road, Suite 100
Chapel Hill, NC USA